Easy Bone Broth
Bone broth is bursting with health benefits as one of nature’s greatest nutrient-dense foods. Try this easy bone broth recipe!
- 1 whole chicken (or beef bones). You want bone marrow to be present in your home selection
- 12 cups filtered water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rosemary/bay leaves and any herbs you have on hand
- 1 sliced lemon
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- Roast the chicken until golden brown.
- Add to pot and cover with water, followed by all other ingredients
- If you have a pressure cooker, you can cook this for 50 minutes. f you’re cooking on a stovetop or with a slow cooker, simmer for 10-12 hours.
- Strain and discard the bones. Either use immediately, store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, or freeze (allowing enough space for the picture to expand).
Note that bone broth will gelatinise when refrigerated because of the collagen content. But don't worry — that's normal. When reheated it liquifies once again, just like store-bought chicken broth.