Supporting Your Hormones With Herbs and Supplements
Are you dealing with hormonal issues, such as irregular cycles, disruptive menopause symptoms, PMS, acne and more?
There are many herbs, teas, supplements and oils that can assist you!
We stock a wide range of products that you can lean on for hormonal support, so make sure you pop in sometime and check them out!
Some products we stock include:
Vitex 1000 from Herbs of Gold to relieve symptoms of premenstrual tension (PMT) and reduce menstrual cycle irregularity.
Raspberry Leaf from Herbs of Gold to enhance uterine health.
Menopause Relief from Herbs of Gold
Women's Multi + from Herbs of Gold for overall health and thyroid support
Here are our top picks for essential oils to support your hormones, plus a specialty blend you can make at home to help relieve cramps and PMS!
- Tea Tree
- Ylang Ylang
- Clary Sage
PMS Relief Blend
You can make this base blend and keep it as a concentrate for different uses. Always remember to label your bottles with ingredients so you know what’s in there!
- 33 drops of lavender essential oil
- 17 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 50 drops of marjoram essential oil
1. Add around 10 drops of this mixture in a tablespoon of liquid castle soap and add to your bath water.
2. Add to your diffuser to help relieve brain fog and emotional distress caused by PMS symptoms.
3. Add 6 drops to 2 teaspoons of a carrier oil, and massage over the abdomen, lower back, feet and ankles.
Castor Oil Packs
Castor oil has so many wonderful benefits and can be made into a pack to help relieve a long list of symptoms!
Castor Oil Benefits May Include:
Easing cramping in the abdomen
Calming the Central Nervous System
Increasing Lymphathic flow
Reducing inflammation and pain
Supporting liver detox
Strengthening the immune system
How to make a castor oil pack
1. Take a flannel or cloth and soak it in a bowl of castor oil. You want the cloth soaked - but not dripping!
2. Lie down and place the flannel on your abdomen (lay a old towel or sheet underneath you so you don't spoil you couch or bed). Cover cloth with a plastic sheet or glad wrap.
3. Place a hot water bottle or heat pack over the plastic, and keep this on for around 45 mins
4. Wash area with warm water and natural soap.
You can reuse the castor oil cloth - simply store in the fridge until next time!
Hormone Support Teas
There are some great teas & herbs that are fantastic for helping with cramps and balancing hormones:
Hormonal Bliss Harmonising Tea by local Sunshine Coast doula and tea company Flourish Mums and Bubs.
Chamomile Tea - For relaxation and pain relief.
Peppermint Tea - Natural muscle relaxant with cooling properties. Soothes digestion.
Raspberry Leaf - Good source of iron.
Turmeric - Reduces pain and Inflammation.
Dandelion - For liver support and detox.
Ginger - Reduce pain and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Remember to always chat to your Naturopath or practitioner for advice on hormone health before taking supplements and herbs.